BE IN A ZINE: Call for Submissions!
Do your feet have a story to tell?
GRAPH(feeties) is a zine-to-be that will focus on true stories of walking, strolling, rambling, and other forms of self-propulsion, all told in a mixed media/genre format. Please send in your great tales of moving through the world, expressed in a glorious mix of poetry, cartoons, comics, lyric prose, collage, b & w photography, or whatever else can print legibly in b & w on a 5.5 x 8.5 inch page. The intent is to publish issues periodically, some themed, some open, like this first issue.
- “Paths are made by walking,” said Kafka. What paths have you made?
- “Walking is man’s best medicine,” said Hippocrates. How has walking healed you?
- “Walking in the woods, I felt in touch with the universe and with the spirit of the universe,” said Alice Walker. When have you felt connected to the cosmos while walking?
- “All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking,” said Nietzsche. What great thoughts have come to you while walking?
- “Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time,” said Steven Wright. Do you have a tale of a long journey on foot?
While GRAPH(feetie) is a zine for true stories, if you need to become a mouse (as in MAUS by Art Spiegelman) or some other creature to tell your story, that’s entirely awesome.
What to Submit: A PDF file, formatted to print legibly on up to two 5.5 x 8.5 inch pages to graphfeeties at rebeccafishewan.com
When to Submit: Please submit by January 1, 2016 New Year! New Zine!